Tuesday, July 24, 2007

Showers, showers and more showers!

The last two weeks have been full of bridal showers. Last weekend we went down to Gainesville for showers. My sister (who is due any day now) threw me a family shower at her house. It was wonderful, I got to see some friends that I havn't seen in a long time and my cousin was there, she came from Tallahassee. It was so good to be able to see everyone, and we got some really great stuff! Later that night some of the girls got together for a lingerie shower at my sisters house. She really worked hard to make the weekend special for me. I have such a great little sis! The night was wonderful, mostly because it was a small group so we really got to talk and spend some quality time together. Something some of us rarely get to do anymore. Then, on Sunday, some ladies from my church in Gainesville threw me a shower. It was such a blessing to know that even though I'm far away and part of a new church, I still have an amazing church family down in Gainesville. It was such a special time as we reflected on God's faithfulness in my life! He is so good to me!

This past weekend my mom and aunt came to Smyrna for yet another shower, thrown by my soon to be mother-in-law's friends. It was so good getting to know all of the ladies who have watched Drew grow up. It was his family and friends of the family as well as some of the girls that he went to middle and high school with. He made an apearance at the shower so that he could see them all, though I think it was mostly for the food!

Well, now we're in the home stretch. One month left, I can't wait until it's over and we're finaly married! Oh, I will have shower pictures as soon as I can get them loaded, I've been having some trouble with that.

No comments: