Wednesday, February 6, 2008
Goals
Well, Drew and I have decided to finally get serious about loosing weight and getting in shape! Drew has finaly brought his weights over to our house, and we just bought an elliptical machine. I can't wait for it to arrive, because unlike most cardio machines I actually enjoy using the elliptical! I'm trying not to set unrealistic goals for myself in the hopes that I will actually follow through and not get discouraged. I'm not really dieting, just trying to eat healthier, so I will let myself splurge every now and then. I actually decided that after every five pounds I would let myself have a celebratory splurge, while still eating well and exercising the rest of the day. We are going to The Melting Pot on Valentines Day, so hopefully I can get these next two pounds off before then! My goals are not just about loosing weight, but about being healthy. I realize that I am not rediculously overweight, but I can see how that could happen if I don't change the way I eat. Usually what happens is that I will go on a diet until I've lost a certain amount of weight, or until it becomes difficult for me (like around Christmas time). Instead of allowing myself to have that one piece of cake and then continuing to eat well, I'll have the piece of cake and figure my diet is ruined so I might as well have another. Or, I'll deprive myself of something (like bread) and then when I let myself have it again, I can't get enough of it. So, from now on, if I really want to eat something, and I can't find a healthier alternative that will do, I'm going to eat it, I just won't go crazy and I'll continue eating healthy after that! Why am I telling you all of this you ask? Well, I figure if I track my progress for all to see, it should help me stay on track a little better! So, if anyone else is also working on this, feel free to share tips, recipes and whatever else is helping you out and I will do the same.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Rach,
Just remember, "His Mercies are new every morning!" Each day is a fresh start should you give in to temptation. In fact, each moment is a new one to do well! I'm in the same boat now!
Love,
Rhonda
Post a Comment