Wednesday, March 19, 2008

Staying on Track

Staying on track...something that can be very difficult when you're not seeing results. For the past month my weight loss has seemed to stall out. I've pretty much been hovering around the same number. Drew and I get on the scale every Tuesday morning and for the past month I've wanted to cry just about every time. While he has lost big numbers every week, I've done nothing. I take that back, I did gain a pound one week! Even if his weight loss does slow down, he's almost at his goal weight. Don't get me wrong, I'm so proud of him and I'm excited every time the scale goes down, I just wish it would do the same for me. I realize that I'm not going to loose as quickly as he does, but half would be nice! This is about the time that I would normally quit, actually that was probably a couple of weeks ago. That is why this time I am really trying to look at this differently. This is not a diet that I can just quit, this is a plan for being healthy for the rest of my life. I try to remind myself of this every time I get on the scale. Maybe it's good for me to loose so slowly, if I lost the weight more quickly it might be easier for me to go back to my old habits. This way, by the time I do get to my goal, I'll be pretty used to my new and improved eating and excersising habits. Well, I'm happy to say, this week I'm finaly seeing results! I didn't think I would be that excited only being down two pounds in a month, but I'm really happy that I didn't give up this time! Plus, when I entered my new weight on Weight Watchers online, I got my first 5 lb. star on my progress chart and the graph finally started sloping down!

1 comment:

Billie said...

you're doing great Rachel. I think you're beautiful!